A few years back, when I was at CSM, the canteen was having a clear-out and I came across these plastic plates.
We used them in our greenhouse, back in London, to put plant pots on. But always in the back of my mind I thought they might be useful for something hobby related.
Over here now and getting settled. Time to start unpacking boxes and I came across them. Tick tick tick, hmmmm?
I laser-cut a base and some gubbins to make it a bit more interesting but I seem to have missed out photographing the base painting and the chipping.
Here we are masking the structure to add a white stripe.
Masking the whole structure to avoid overspray.
As you can see my airbrushing was not very successful. Instead of gently building up the layers I blasted away with the end result being this where the paint went under the masking.
This was remedied by adding a line of marker pen.
Adding rust streaks with oil paint.
The finished product. I wanted to provide a quick photo as I’m certain it is going to feature in more photos in the future.
If I can point you in the direction of this blog
It’s Blogs like this that keep me on my toes.
Now that reminds me…. I’ve got some small flowerpots I picked up at Ikea because they had some plastic grass in them.
Just one minor adjustment, just extending a cut line by two millimetres, and it’s ready to roll. I already have an order for three, so not too shabby.