Frohe Weihnachten

This last couple of months has seen me busy, but not, sadly, painting. First point of atta ck was my workshop. I am due to inherit some tools and workshop furniture from my departed father-in-law and I want to get everything ready so that the bits can slot into place with the minimum bother.

One view of how the workshop used to look.
And now the new look.

The cabinet in the middle, with the blue drawers, has been made to house various small bits and bobs that had been floating around without a place to live. The carcass was made from 12mm plywood generously supplied by Electric Love. I even had a couple of young lads who were at a loose end cut the timber for me.

I’ve made some more screw boxes as I have a large collection of unsorted screws. The screws were collected from Electric Love, at the end of the festival the tool cases were emptied and all the loose screws were binned.

Having to get up at a rediculously early hour to get the Boys ready for school is that there have been some quite amazing sunrises. Here are a couple, unfiltered or tampered with.

The next job which has taken the most time was making a painting area for Number Two Son. This necessitated moving book cases and vitrines around the Hobby Room.

He will be getting my old paint shelves and I shall make some expanded ones for me seeing that my paint collection has grown. I will take more photos of the Hobby Room once it has been cleared. My Daughter, Boyfriend and my Granddaughter stayed for ten days, so all the excess furniture we had been storing in the Guest Flat got decanted down into the Hobby Room.

Finally I would like to wish you all Season’s Greetings.

This Years card

August progress

Here are some work in progress shots of my command vehicle used in my Not DKK Army. Vehicle by Ramshackle Games from the recent Kickstarter.

image

Undercoat and the start of weathering

image

Weathering finished and dozer blade.

image

Rubbing away the white paint. I used the Hairspray Technique for this. It is a bit disheartening to spend hours painting on weathering for it all to be painted over.

Masking for the blue paint

Masking for the blue paint

Blue paint applied

Blue paint applied

Cutting the masking for the black stripes. This camouflage scheme was inspired by the film, "Inception".

Cutting the masking for the black stripes. This camouflage scheme was inspired by the film, “Inception”.


The original design

The original design


Black stripes. I wasn't as successful as I had hoped with the masking and had to do a fair amount of retouching.

Black stripes. I wasn’t as successful as I had hoped with the masking and had to do a fair amount of retouching.


Start of muddying up the dozer blade. I used weathering products from AK Interactive.

Start of muddying up the dozer blade. I used weathering products from AK Interactive.


And the finished result

And the finished result