July’s workbench

This last month saw me more involved with the Boys so there was less time devoted to painting.
I managed to finish two squads of Ramshackle Games “Iron Brotherhood” troops from the Kickstarter campaign, but I didn’t manage the command vehicle.
image

image
These will complement my Anvil Industries “Tox Troopers” and the Raging Heroes “Toughest Girls of the Galaxy”, another Kickstarter I backed.
imageAs you can see, a far amount of work to go before I even start on the camoflage.

 

July’s Workbench

julyThis month I will mostly be painting two squads of Iron Brotherhood troops. I got these from the Ramshackle Games Kickstarter last year. I will be using them as zombie troops in my Not DKK Army alongside the miniatures from Anvil Industries (already painted) and the Iron Empire troops from the Raging Heroes Kickstarter. I plan to add some real DKK and the Leviathan from Dreamforge Games.

If there is time I will also paint the APC from Ramshackle.

Time Rich Money Poor Part Deux

Image

So here is the next thrilling instalment.

I marked out the wood using the templates and carefully drilled, making sure that I had a piece of spare wood underneath. Have a vacuum cleaner ready as this generates a surprising amount of sawdust.

Image

You can see that there is a slight raised profile around each hole. This is easily removed by a bit of sanding.

Image

The acid test, does a two pence piece fit?

Yes.

Image

A bit of PVA and then clamped until dry.

Image

Here it is dry.

Image

Now for a spot of detailing.

Schnee

image

How I made snow bases for my models.

I’ve been experimenting with baking powder and PVA for my Flames of War army and it was fairly pleasing.

Seeing as my painting has gone up a notch I wanted to do the same for my bases. After a couple of false starts I’ve come up with the following recipe.

Note to self. DO THIS AFTER VARNISHING!

Put some blobs of  ready mixed filler on the base. If you dilute it a bit it looks slushy. I found this filler in my shed and had a bit of a play around.

Next a very gentle sprinkle of ┬ácake glitter. I tried a few of my Wife’s and settled on the white.

Finally a weak wash of GW’s Ice Blue in the areas where there would be shadows.

image